SpeedTools ATA Hi-Cap Support Driver Description
The ATA Hi-Cap Support Driver software was created to allow the use of extended capacity ATA drives (drives greater than 128 Gigabytes in size) on older (Pre-Mirrored Door) G4 and G3 Macintoshes -- including Cubes, PowerMacs, PowerBooks, iBooks eMacs and iMacs running MacOS X Versions 10.2 and later.
Without this software installed, any extended capacity drive which is Connected to the built-in ATA bus on older Macintosh models will be limited to only 128 Gigabytes. Later model G4's and all G5's and Intel Macs do not suffer from this limitation.
The ATA Hi-Cap driver package also includes an easy-to-use installation/removal utility.
- Enables full capacity of ATA drives greater than 128 Gigabytes.
- Fully Bootable - unlike some FireWire and USB devices.
- Eliminates the need to buy a costly PCI ATA Card or FireWire enclosure.
- Compatible with most S.M.A.R.T. utilities - unlike FireWire and USB devices.
- (See Intech's S.M.A.R.T. Guard utility for example)
- Perfect for Macs which don't have a PCI slot (like Cubes, iMacs and eMacs).
- Free Updates for Life! (via download).
SpeedTools ATA Hi-Cap Support Driver Screenshots
Screenshots are not available currently.
What's New in SpeedTools ATA Hi-Cap Support Driver 3.0
Release notes are not available currently.
SpeedTools ATA Hi-Cap Support Driver Requirements
No additional system requirements.